Me + Chocolate= ♥

I love chocolate.
Any kind of chocolate.
See's Candies has something called a Rum Nougat.
It's milk chocolate with bits of candied cherries, raisins, english walnuts all folded in cherry nougat.
Apparently, it's totally gross to those in my house. Oh...and everyone else I know.  It's the one in the assorted box that gets the ceremonial test bite, then put back in it's little paper cup. Rejected.
I LOVE IT.
I call it, "my yucky chocolate".


Then there's the decadent extra dark. Be still my heart.
Dark chocolate is my sin.
A few nibbles of 70% cacao is devine.
It's dark, rich and completely worth every calorie.
In between those nibbles, sips of a hearty red wine(also worth the calories).
Ahhhh....yes.


Okay.


So...
I keep this sinful bar of very dark chcolate in the pantry.
Kid One and Kid Two, on a chocolate mission of their own, discover my secret stash.
They eat it.
I only know this, because they come to me in a panic and ask, "That was chocolate in the pantry, right?"
"Yeeees," I say, growing very curious at their worried faces.


A very pregnant pause.
They look at each other.
Kid One speaks on behalf of both of them. He is completely serious.
"Was it...poisoned??!"


Yes. Yes it was. 
I keep poisoned chocolate in the pantry just in case someone really pisses me off.
Any last requests?
Who am I?  The Wicked Queen from Snow White?!
Apparently.


"No. It wasn't poisoned. It was, before you gobbled it updecadent and delicious."


They are both relieved.
As they walk away I over hear Kid One mutter to himself,
"I don't think her tongue works because that tasted like we might die."
HA.
Amateurs. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Hit Snooze, Again

Getting Ma'am ed

Got Thin Mints?