Darth Vader Was Doing My Laundry

If you already know the secret and didn't share, I forgive you. If you're unaware.....you're about to be enlightened beyond your wildest dreams. We front loader owners have a skeleton in our closet we don't
like talk about. Our beautimous machine that efficiently and elegantly  swishes our soiled things, has a dark side.
It stinks. And it makes our clothes stinky. I know, you've tried to figure it out. Keeping vigil as the wash cycle finishes. Hoping that if you rip the wet clothes out before they sit for a nano second, you've saved the load. Only to discover this has wasted your time and made you want to trade the M Effer in for a wash board. You've tried to mask the funk with a half stack of dryer sheets. Result....funky flowers.
Say goodbye to that  giant jug of HE liquid soap. IT IS THE GUILTY SUBJECT!!!
I am a skeptick and fully expected the switch to powder was far too elementary a solution.
I BELIEVE! I BELIEVE! I BELIEVE!
I've left a load of darks....brace yourself.....over night. You gasp, right?! Fear NOT. No re-washing required. Free yourself from your dirty little secret, switch to powder and
leave the darkside to Vader....

Comments

Kekepania said…
So how come??? I use HE soap on a top loader, just because I like the smell of Mrs. Meyers Lemon Verbena...and the fact that the government will not kick down for a front loader. If I leave it there over night I automatically rinse it in fabric softner before drying it. Voila! But whats the deal with the front loaders being stinkier? Hmmm?...now I know in case I ever have one!
Jenn said…
It really is a dirty little front loader secret. There's a whole other stinky culprit....the fact that the door seals shut. You have to leave it opened after loads, or it gets awfully musty. I've read a rediculous amount of google queries, and found that Liquid soap contains animal fat. this, apparently, is the culprit. Just one use of powder, and voilà! No musty smell. Magic, I tell ya. Do you use organic? Hmmm....
Anonymous said…
REALLY??? but does it Cake in the wash and not completley rinse out? That caking is my fear. But I trust you and will switch! I think its cheaper anyway... and I am sooo cheap!
Jenn said…
It's NEVER caked on me. I'm a total convert.;-)
Kekepania....I googled (cuz I'm a GIANT nerd) the soap you use. It contains plant derivitives...no animal fat. So no stink for you! ;-)
I'm going to check if they make powder, cuz lemongrass, pepermint, clove, geranium and fir needle sounds AMAZING!!!
Kekepania said…
Yes Mrs. Meyers is plant derived as is Method(lavender,mmm)which I also use! Both equally good but when I am feeling poor I use Method cuz it is cheaper over here! I haven't seen powder by either but that doesn't mean they don't make them!

Popular posts from this blog

Reality And Her Sense Of Humor

No One Blinked

Real Housewives Of The Playground?