Heel, Kitty Kitty

Yesterday I saw a man walking his cat. At first, it didn't register that it was a cat on the leash. I picked it up visually like, man-leash-dog, THEN it clicked...CAT. I was in my car, driving, and not like driving in my neighborhood or the parking lot of Petsmart. I was downtown. I was at a traffic light and the man was walking towards me on the side walk. He would take a few steps, then lift the with cat with the leash and drag it up to meet him. You know...walking the cat. I couldn't help but think, "Is that cat really enjoying his walk?" I mean, he IS a cat. They kind of do whatever the heck they want and I doubt going for a walk is on the bucket list. I just couldn't imagine that when the man jingled the leash and said "Kitty Kitty...let's go for a walk!", that the cat got all crazy-tail-wagging-giddy and ran to the front door. I imagined that KittyKitty probably quietly spewed some fantastic curse words at the man and then hid under the couch.
But...obviously the man found him, put him on a leash and took him for a walk downtown.
If I even dreamed about doing that to my cat, he would have me arrested...for reals.

Don't even dream about it, people.

Comments

GPman said…
Poor cat. It must be suffering now with PWDS (post walk disorder syndrome), curable only by turning into a Great Dane.

Popular posts from this blog

I Hit Snooze, Again

Got Thin Mints?

Getting Ma'am ed