Eraserhead





I decided to finish what I started, a husband, a couple of kids, 7 moves and many bottles of wine ago. College.

Math was always a challenge for me, and I've discovered, it still is.
All those letters, shapes, numbers, charts, graphs...
It's like ancient cave drawings. Hieroglyphics.
I don't want to know how to get to the river. I just want to balance my check book.

When I have math homework, I erase... A LOT.
I've used up every eraserhead on every pencil in the house.

On a recent visit to my parents home, my Dad asks Kid Two how I am doing in school.
"She's terrible at math. All she does is erase."

My Dad, trying to steer the conversation in a more positive direction, says,
"Well...I'll bet in the end, she's going to be very good."

"Yeah. (sarcastic chuckle) At ERASING."
Hey. 
Kid Two. 
Remember... I prepare all of your meals. I'm just sayin'...




Comments

Unknown said…
I bet I know what you are getting from Santa this year! I was there the first go round and it still made me LOL when I read it!!! Love it! xo mom
Jenn said…
He is something else, that Kid Two...;-)

Yep...I'm getting REALLY good at erasing!!

Popular posts from this blog

I Hit Snooze, Again

Getting Ma'am ed

Got Thin Mints?