What The Fort?


A weekend of baking samples had me suffering from the major Mom guilts.
Kid two was bored.
Painfully bored.


I start throwing out suggestions:
Playdough
Read
Draw
Movie
Video Games
Outside
Build a fort....

Silence.

I look up from what I'm doing and see his puzzled face.
Then he speaks the words that make me realize I have clearly failed as a mother.
Build a fort....What's a fort?

I laid down my icing bag, and untied my apron.

"Come with me..."

I led him to the linen closet. I pulled out every sheet set.
We gathered all the chairs....and we built a fort.
He begged me to keep it till the next day.

That was Saturday, today is Wedensday.
My living room is a fort...still.

Mom guilt, buh-bye.

Comments

Kekepania said…
Oh Jenn! How many of those did we build and play in! and you NEVER taught him???? Well now he knows! Love it!
Jenn said…
I know, right??!!
We were fort building Yodas! ;-)

I will tell you that when I crawled inside with him, it brought me right back.
I wanted to sleep in there, too!

Popular posts from this blog

I Hit Snooze, Again

Getting Ma'am ed

Got Thin Mints?