The only vegetable I'd say I don't like. Kid Two doesn't like them either. That's why he tried to pawn them off on ME! ;-) "Oh....mom needs to see better...."
Very cute. Very deceptive. A very cute, very deceptive shower invite coupled with my own glorious experience has prompted this post. The images we see of pregnant women are NOT what you're really going look like when you are pregnant. Unless, of course you're a supermodel, or your metabolism is friends with Speedy Gonzales. And after a 10 month vacation from diet land, chances are, your're not going to slip back into your skinny jeans when you leave the hospital. Banish that little fantasy now. Save yourself the terrifying agony of trying to squash your butt into anything other than your designer maternity denim. Remember....as your belly grows, so does your booty. It's got to. If it didn't, you'd fall flat on your face.....I'm convinced. You may have had the grand pleasure of knowing someone who falls in the supermodel category. My condolences . I've known her, too. The one who wears her skinny jeans home, shot out her little cherub in record...
I was listening to a news report about a woman who put her kids out of the car and made them walk home(around the corner) due to their unruly behavior. Old School. She caused a shit storm for herself with her technique. We are living a time of "it's everybody's business". Had she done that 25 years ago no one would have blinked. When I was a kid, my cousin and I would sit on our Holly Hobbie metal lunch pails, strapped in with a lap belt...in the back of a 71 Ford Pinto. Moms in the front seat, s ans seat belts , flying down a road they called "Blood Alley". Old School. No One blinked. My lunch pail contained my sandwich made on white bread with mayo and salami , and no little frozen freezer cube to keep it chilled properly so I didn't get food poisoning. Old School. No One blinked. We rode in the back of my Dad's pickup truck...on the freeway....and pretended to fly. Old School. No one blinked. From age 12-17, every chance we got...
Kid One is on the verge of 15. A High Schooler. At 3 o'clock, everyday, I morph into the Mom Taxi, as I collect anyone who needs a ride. First, the elementary pick up. Next... High School . Driving up to the behemoth of a school Kid One attends, I feel like I'm on safari. All the interesting characters mingling about, in their natural environment. If you've ever made the trek, you may relate to this observation... High School girls look like Real House Wives Of The Jersey Shore. Boobs. Tanned. Extensions. $350 Jeans. Stilettos. Designer handbags. BMW's. They look like their 25! I want to be them! I ask Kid One, "Is that a STUDENT ??!" "Yep..." Egads. When I was in High School, the girls looked like they were in High School. Not like they were waiting for their own reality show. Pobrecitas. Step away from the tanning bed. Cancel your botox appointment. Get an Ed Hardy Intervention...ST...
Comments
The only vegetable I'd say I don't like.
Kid Two doesn't like them either.
That's why he tried to pawn them off on ME! ;-)
"Oh....mom needs to see better...."
While that IS true, he is very clever!