High School Reunion- The Facebook Effect



In the history of my mind, it can't possibly be 20 years.
But, a Husband, a couple of kids, a mortgage, and these damn wrinkles prove it.


The decision is made at the last minute to go.
Last minute decisions do not allow for any preparation.
So.
No time to cover the grey.
No spray tan.
No dashing new attire.
No 6 week gym boot camp.
No time to try to look like my Facebook profile picture.
Perfect.


Ahhh...yes. Facebook.
Your existence had an interesting effect on the High School reunion.
We already know everything about each other.
All hail voyeurism.


I already know...*


You went to Cancun for Christmas.
You're thinking about getting a dog.
You bought the cutest flip flops EVER.
You're pissed that the (enter any professional sports team here) lost.
You think you may very well divorce your husband cuz the Christmas lights are still up.
You had wine and ice cream for dinner because you can.
You think text jargon is hideous.


You know I'm a "fan" of...


Mangoes
Tahoe
Sushi
Rap
Yodeling
Pina Coladas and getting caught in the rain


So, while the surprise was taken away, the fun of being brought, physically together with people I knew 20 plus years ago was priceless.
We Laughed
We drank
We Danced
We remembered
For me, many of those relationships helped to sculpt who I've become, and I wouldn't change a thing.
The good and the bad.


GOOOOO NUTS!!!**




*Most of these are my updates, so don't hate. 


**Our mascot was an acorn Yes. You read that correctly....an acorn.






Comments

Unknown said…
I enjoyed this immensely, Jen. :)
dsherm said…
Perfectly said! Now I'm gonna work on getting you paid with those sweets(I'm not Kidding)
Unknown said…
Love it! But this is now making me sad about hating on my 10 year this weekend ;&

Popular posts from this blog

I Hit Snooze, Again

Getting Ma'am ed

Got Thin Mints?