My Plus One






I was not a girly girly growing up.  
I rode horses
Played soccer 
Made mud pies
I liked lip gloss, but dirt came in a very close second. 
I had road apple* wars with my best friend. The wetter the better. 
Digest that for a moment.
Got it...?
Now you make the throw up sound. 


How a boy ever wanted to marry me is like some ironic fairytale. 
But one did.
And not only did he marry me, he has dazzled me.
He does laundry, dishes, and makes me coffee every morning.  
Just how I like it.
He brings me peonies and black licorice, even when I don't deserve it.
I'm afraid he'd say that's pretty often!


He laughs at my jokes
Makes sure I feel loved
Buys me feminine hygiene products
Talks in funny accents just to make me laugh
Eats whatever I make and says it's great even when the pork chops are jerky.
Made me feel beautiful when I was pregnant and looked like I had eaten a small family for lunch.
He looks inside my wild mind** and gets me...


So while I may not always deserve him, I'm glad he thinks I do.
I love...
his wit
his charm
his loyalty
his determination
his forgiving soul....


He's my plus one. 










*horse poo
**michelle branch (you get me)♥
   














Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Hit Snooze, Again

Getting Ma'am ed

Got Thin Mints?