Epic Fail


I can remember the first phone number I ever had, my high school locker combination, my Brownie Troop number and the Girl Scout Pledge. I remember the name of my first soccer coach, my best childhood friends address, and to change the oil in my car. I always remember hair appointments, Birthday's, payday and to feed the cat. I can NEVER remember dental appointments. EVER.  I have a mental dental block.
They send me post a card 6 months before, 3 months before, and a call the day before on the house phone and on my cell.  THEN, I get a phone call  on the day of  the appointment, 15 min. after my appointment time. I see who it is on the CID.....only THEN do I remember.
I throw the kids in the car and head, in shame, to the office. The disdain is palpable. Oy. When checking out they ask, I'm certain in jest, "Should we send you a reminder?"
I say, "Actually I'm hoping you could send a van with a giant tooth on top driven by a thug who will come to my house, hit me over the head and bring me to you. Do you offer that service?" Cuz then......I'd remember.

Comments

GPman said…
Jenn, you got that dental office phobia from Mom. She is very nervous going for teeth cleaning. She says if they hurt her, she will call the cops, just about.
The dental office likes her because she is so outspoken about it. Rosy, the office manager, says she is a strong lady, a lady with power, who can speak her mind, and so she DOES.

Maybe Apple has an application to solve this issue?! ha ha

Popular posts from this blog

I Hit Snooze, Again

Getting Ma'am ed

Got Thin Mints?