Your Own Personal Mrs. Kravitz


The hood in which I live, is tight. We are super nosy look out for each other. If Neighbor Bob's yard guy shows up on Tuesday....that's suspicious, because Neighbor Bob gets his grass cut once a month on Saturday. You follow? Today, an alarm company van is parked in front of my, "wildly witty" neighbor's house. I send her a text, because I'm nosy aware.

Me: "Is the alarm company supposed to be at your house? Just being nosy checking."
Her: "NO!! Go over there!!!
Me: "Shit...Okay..."
I drive over and sit in my car in her driveway.  Alarm company guy gets out and walks over to me. "I'm here for an appointment." oh reeeeaaaaalllly.
"Well.... my friend should be here shortly. I'm meeting her."
"Okaaaaayyyy...", says alarm guy and walks back to van.
Next text.....
Me: "He says you have an appointment??!?!?"

NOW, my husband pulls up. Sideways, screeching tires, wearing his bad cop attitude. "Can I be nosy, too help you?"
"Ummmm...I have an appointment?", replies alarm guy.
Forget the texting.  I call "wildly witty" friend. She has a V8 moment, "Ohmigod. I totally forgot! I DID have an appointment today. arrrgghhhh...I'm on my way!!"
Whew. Okay. All's well in the hood. Being nosy aware has paid off.

20 minuets later I receive a text from "wildly witty" friend.
Her: "Alarm guy locked his keys in his van...."
Moral of this story???
Never. EVER..... eff with our hood.

Comments

Kekepania said…
So funny. Did you call Mark or was that just a coincidence? Protectin' the hood!
Rebecca said…
Jenn - you need to write a book... You are soo funny. My neighborhood 'the hood' is the same way. BTW - your idea of powder laundry detegent was genius! You are the Next Martha!!

Popular posts from this blog

I Hit Snooze, Again

Getting Ma'am ed

Got Thin Mints?